Samstag, 1. Mai 2010

Die interessanteste Frage seines Lebens

Zum Marienmonat Mai...

Erzbischof Fulton Sheen berichtet über eine sehr schöne, persönliche Erfahrung mit der Gottesmutter.
Irgendwie musste ich lachen, als ich mir das auf YouTube angehört habe (The Woman I Love):

"I shall never forget the first visit I made to Our Lady in Lourdes. I was then a pre-student at the university in Belgium and I had just enough money to go to Lourdes which is the southern part of France. It was about a 24h ride on the train. But I did not have enough money to live on once I got there, nor enough to pay a hotel. I asked my brother who was a medical student at the university if he had any money, but he was a typical university student, too. He had no money. And I said, well, if I have faith enough to go to Lourdes to celebrate the 5th anniversary of my ordination, it is up to the Blessed Mother to get me out. So I arrived in Lourdes. Broke. I decided that if the Blessed Mother was going to pay a hotel bill, she could just as well pay a big one as a little one. When you ask for miracles you must never be a piker. And I went to the best hotel in Lourdes. By our standards that would be a 5th or 6th rate hotel. And I decided to stay for 9 days, make an avener prayer.
The 9th morning nothing happened. The 9th noon nothing happened. The 9th evening nothing happened. Then it was serious. I though I will give Our Blessed Mother another chance. So I went down to our grotto about 10:30 at night and while I was kneeling there a portly gentleman tapped me on the shoulder.
"Are you an American priest?"
"Yes."
"Do you speak French?"
"Yes."
"Do you know Paris?"
"Yes."
"Will you come with me and my family tomorrow to Paris and talk French for us and show us about the city?"
He walked me back to the hotel and then he asked me what I believe was the most interesting question I ever heard in my life:
"Have you payed your hotel bill yet?"
So I out fumbled him for the bill. And I arrived back in Leuven with much more than I started with."

3 Kommentare:

. hat gesagt…

genial!

Rubens Rübenlese hat gesagt…

Super, hehe, echt super!
Verehrenswürdiger Diener Gottes Fulton J. Sheen, bitte für uns:
Nehmen wir seine Wunder-Theorie ernst und bitten wir um was großes damit er schnell selig gesprochen wird, hier ein Gebet dazu:
Prayer to obtain a Favor Through the intercession of the Servant of God Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
Eternal Father, you alone grant us every blessing in Heaven and on earth, through the redemptive mission of Your Divine Son, Jesus Christ, and by the working of the Holy Spirit.
If it be according to Your Will, glorify your servant, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, by granting the favor i now request through his prayerful intercession (mention your request)
I make this prayer confidently through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen
(Imprimatur: +Most Rev. Daniel R. Jenky, C.S.C. Bishop of Peoria)

Astrid hat gesagt…

Ein schönes Gebet. :-) Dankeschön!!

Kommentar veröffentlichen